1 cup of sweet, unsalted or raw clarified butter (olive oil to make it vegan)
1 tablespoon of dry Koseret leaves
1 teaspoon of Manteria
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan until it begins to foam. If you are using oil, bring to a simmer with only a few bubbles coming up.
- Add in the Koseret and stir gently, then add in the Manteria.
- Cook for 20 minutes over very low heat, stirring frequently so as not to burn the butter.
- Remove from heat and cover; let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain with a cheesecloth or fine strainer, and use as desired!
This recipe yields 1 cup of Niter Kibbeh | Cooking Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
WRITTEN BY JOHANNA LARAWAY
Click here to download printable recipe