PINWHEEL PASTA WITH MARINARA SAUCE & BESSOBELA (SACRED BASIL)
Customer Care . Aug 23, 2021
- 1 pound dry pinwheel pasta, or other short pasta, such as penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (optional)
- 1 full jar of your favorite marinara/pasta sauce (26 oz)
- 2 tablespoon Bessobela, plus more for garnish
- Salt for boiling pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep your veggies. Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and slice the mushrooms.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the pot and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes, or as the packaging instructs. Test the pasta to make sure it's done, then strain.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the onion and garlic, and cook until softened and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms, bessobela, and chili flakes and sauté for another few minutes - if the onions start to burn or seem dry, pour in an additional tablespoon or two of oil.
- Add the pasta sauce. When it begins to simmer, add in the strained pasta, stirring with the heat on for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with bessobela to serve and enjoy!
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
WRITTEN BY FETLEWORK TEFFERI
Click here to download printable version